Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Jesus and Art




Art without inspiration and proper care does not grow by itself. If it does, I don't know how that would happen. In My perspective, it takes effort, and consistancy in order to turn out ripe. I just pray that my art which only comes through inspiration blooms in the right direction. Also, I pray that my art can be used as a tool to express God's view on what ever topic I have been given inspiration towards. I also pray that my inspirations would be Godly inspirations! Amen!-Clare
P.S. This was planted by my awesome sister Katy Thompson!

3 comments:

Clare Polcar said...

Today I was able to bless someone with a painting. That friend walked away so happy, and so excited cause he loved the painting so much. Becaue he has art appreciation, he was so thrilled to be the reciever of the painting. Giving up art to make someone else happy, is one way to make someone feel loved because art takes time. So Jesus said love your neighbors...and such. This is one of my ways of loving a neighbor. That is how I am relating Jesus and art today.

Clare Polcar said...

We have the ability to describe Jesus, and what it is really like going through all the emotions of following God. We have the ability to ask God, "how do you Lord, want to use the art you have given me today?" I found my way, just by painting what I find as something that is pressing on God's mind and heart, or just by using it as a blessing towards others. As far as poetry and things like that, what better way then to have the poet journal their interpretation of a piece of artwork? That would mean the artist have to work together which in my mind is difficult. But it is difficult submitting to God's will at times. It just has to be inspiring! If you can get two different artist excited about the same topic, how much greater that topic becomes! Like a band, it is so much better with all the pieces, example: guitar, piano, drums, bass, singers. Those things alone are great, but better when working together. Agree?

Therese said...

Wow, what a fantastic blog! I just love your tree!!! Keep the posts coming!