Monday, May 28, 2012

Scarves of the Bride's Maids


 Wedding Color Hot Pink, Black, and White Ivory

Bride's Maid scarves
This is a brief view of the scarves I made from scratch for my brides maids to go along with a black dress I hoped they already had hanging in their closet. They turned out lovely. I started out with plain hot pink fabric and learned how to use a sewing machine to create a "rolled hem" stitch for the edges. I added the black ribbon as well using a sewing machine to create a frame overall look. I hand-sewed my sister's name into the fabric while adding beads throughout the name. I also added an intricate image to go along with the dress that I wore on my wedding day.
This piece Honor's Jesus because I used my God given talent to create and save on what would have cost a fortune if I had bought brides maid dresses instead.

2 comments:

Therese said...

I have my scarf next to my bridesmaids dresses :) It's like a collection! Everything was so pretty and delicate that you made, good job!

Clare Polcar said...

Thank You! yeah, I the scarves looked so lovely on all of you ladies.